Monday, October 19, 2009

The Ultimate Chocolate Trifle

2. For the Win- The Ultimate Chocolate Trifle

ultimate-chocolate-brownie-trifle-cake

Wow. Okay. *Wow*. You know that dessert on table that simultaneously makes everyone’s jaw drop and mouth water? The one that’s gone first, everyone’s still talking about, and all the ladies are asking for the recipe? That’s this. And it’s so easy. But so, so impressive. You’ve gotta make it.

First, I started off by making my Best Chocolate Cake (ever!) recipe, mixing in smooth, luscious milk chocolate chips into the batter. The big kind. Not the mini ones. ;)

the-best-chocolate-cake-everGooey.

In a trifle bowl, I scooped a layer of:

1. Chocolate Cake
2. Chocolate Jello Pudding
3. Cool Whip

ultimate-chocolate-brownie-trifle-cake

Now, remember those football brownies I cut out? Well, there were lots of scraps leftover. :D And while Kevin and I scarfed most of them down, there were *just* enough left over… *grin* So, after the first cool whip layer, I added the fudgy brownie scraps. :D

ultimate-chocolate-brownie-trifle-cake

I did another layer of cake, pudding, and cool whip, then topped with crushed, double chocolate oreos. Oh. Baby. Come to mama.

oreos-ultimate-chocolate-brownie-trifle-cake

A couple of notes:

1. I only had 1 box of jello pudding, but the second layer was pretty skimpy. You might want to do 2 boxes, although I don’t know if you’d need two full boxes.

2. I definitely needed a second tub of Cool Whip, although I only used about half of it. Maybe I should’ve just done smaller layers. Wait what! Nevermind. Forget I said that. ;)

3. This is best when it’s super fresh, so try to try make it and serve it within a few hours of each other. If you have to refrigerate it overnight, be sure and cover it tightly (hard to do when it’s overflowing like mine was!) and let it come (mostly) to room temperature before serving.

5-double-chocolate-oreosMmm. Leftovers. :D

BTW, that chocolaty background in these pics is the color of my living room walls. It’s Sherwin-Williams Latte. I love it. We think it should be called “Frosty” because it’s the exact color of a Wendy’s Frosty. :D Complements this ultimate chocolate trifle cake perfectly dontcha think? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment