Thursday, August 25, 2011

strawberry limeade

Fresh Strawberry Limeade

That’s right. Your eyes are not deceiving you. The word “strawberry” is in the title. Sorry, guys. I may have some kind of sick obsession. No, really, I was planning on posting a Jamaican Jerk pork tenderloin today, but in the last few days, my children have each had sinus infections, double ear infections, and pinkeye. I’m woefully behind on laundry because I did something stupid I got a puppy. And she’s really cute even if her breath smells like she ate her own poo (because, let’s face it, she probably did). And then, on this day of days when I was going to make my Jamaican Jerk Pork Tenderloin and catch up on laundry and participate in a fun-yet-enriching activity with my children, I woke up with a burning sore throat. A throbbing head. A stupid fever. Pain in my ears. And I kid you not, the pharmacy was out of antibiotics. So instead of nipping things in the bud like I had planned, things got really bad by the time we found a pharmacy with Z Packs and by the time my husband could go get it for me. My kids screamed at each other in the tub for an hour while I lay on the floor outside the bathroom and willed my fairy godmother to come put them to bed for me (because my husband was tracking down my antibiotics before the pharmacy closed, not because he’s a big jerk). I got good and drugged up and now you get to see what I drink (besides NyQuil) when I’m sick. And hey, let’s face it, when I’m not sick, too (the limeade, not the NyQuil).

You’ll need Strawberry Sauce (make it with vanilla), fresh limes, lots of ice, and Sprite. I told you this was rocket science. But I just found a ticket stub from Tron, which I saw in January, in pants that have no pockets, in pants that I didn’t even have in January. So this is the kind of crazy we’re dealing with. I don’t think I’m capable of anything more than this tonight.

Fill the cup with ice. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the ice.

This is where it gets hard. Fill the glass halfway full with Sprite.

Then add about 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry sauce. This will largely be to taste and also how frothy your strawberry sauce is (the frothier it is, the more you’ll need).

Fill the glass to the top with Sprite. Stir it up with a straw (or don’t if you like the pretty red swirls). Add another lime slice or two and enjoy!Please don’t judge me. :)

Print This!

Fresh Strawberry Limeade
Recipe (can you even call this a recipe??) by Our Best Bites

1 tall glass
Lots of ice
Sprite (or Diet Sprite…or Ginger Ale if you’re feeling wild)
1 1/2 limes
3-4 tablespoons Strawberry Sauce

Fill a glass with ice. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the glass over the ice. Fill the glass about halfway with Sprite. Add 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry sauce. Top the glass off with Sprite and add more strawberry sauce if desired. Garnish with lime wedges (which you can also squeeze into the glass before drinking. Definitely best when served with a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment