Friday, May 28, 2010

sweet chex mix

sweet chex mix



I love Chex mix. Pretty much every kind of it. But this sweet Chex mix that my mom has made ever since I was a kid is my absolute favorite kind. I won't pretend that it is healthy in any way, but that's why it's delicious! When you need a sweet, gooey, treat run to the nearest store and grab the ingredients for this recipe. It could be the hit of your Memorial Day BBQ!

Sweet Chex Mix
Place in large bowl:
1 (16 oz) box of corn Chex
1 can of peanuts, lightly salted (I usually go light on the peanuts for my husband's preference, so use whatever amount suits you.)

Melt 2 cups of butter or margarine in a pan. Add:
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
--Bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Pour over cereal and peanuts. Stir and pour out onto wax paper. Let sit for a couple of hours and then store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment